Tuesday | September, 8
From Saul to Paul
Read Acts 9:1-22, the story of Paul’s conversion. How was this experience linked to his missionary calling? See also Acts 26:16-18.
Right from the start, it was clear that the Lord had intended to use Paul to reach both Jews and Gentiles. No other event in Paul’s preparation as missionary and theologian compared in importance to his conversion; indeed his witness he would talk about that experiences.
“Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me” (Acts 26:16, NIV). Paul couldn’t preach or teach about what he didn’t know. No, instead he would preach and teach out of his own experiences, with and knowledge of the Lord, all the time in harmony with the Word of God. (See Ron. 1:1, 2).
Read Acts 26:18. What would be the result of Paul’s work?
From this we can see five results of authentic missionary work :
1. Open people’s eyes. Make God and Jesus real, present, active, and appealing.
2. Move from darkness to light, ignorance to knowledge- a core gospel them. (See Luke 1:78, 79).
3. Turn from the power of Satan to God.
4. Receive forgiveness of sins. The problem of sin has a solutions. This is the living, healing, core message of Christians.
5. Receive a place among the sanctified; this means membership in God’s church, regardless of ethnicity, gender, or nationality.
If someone were to ask you, “What about your own experience with Jesus? What can you tell me about Him?” what would you say?